December 2011 part 3
awful pattern arch going on, this really is a terrible arch, it simply isn't the right shape.
some minor tweaking with a few car jacks was needed to get it even remotly close to factory
some bracing to keep it in place while the rest was welded in place
a few tubs of filler will be needed to get the profile right once it's finished.
as the floor has been patched many many times already, i just used some more patches to fill in the very rusty bits that i removed when cutting out the arch
it's not going to be pretty, but it'll be strong and more importantly, waterproof :)
once everything is patched, it'll all get ground down and a skim of seam sealer to finish it off, then a generous coat of primer :)